Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Giraffes?Giraffes! - More Skin With Milk Mouth

As you may recall in a previous post I mentioned this band. Discovering these guys was a very defining moment in my music history, it completely changed the way I view music as a whole but especially rock. When I think of math rock the phrase "tastes like chicken" comes to mind. There is no one defining sound to identify it but when you hear it you know it. This duo brings an incredibly fast paced and fairly aggressive tone to their take on the genre. Offering up mind boggling time signatures, and a guitarist who seemingly has 4 arms and hands because I couldn've sworn until I saw live videos this was certainly not a 2 piece. Simply put these guys are fucking awesome and I haven't really heard anything that comes remotely close to this but I'm certain other opinions vary greatly.



clickme


myspazz
last.fm

No comments:

Post a Comment