Sunday, November 7, 2010

After the Burial - Rareform

This album and band immediately blew me away. When I initially started to really listen to music it was melodic death metal that sparked the flame. Back when In Flames was a good band, remember? In more recent times metal as a whole has become rather diluted with imitation after imitation whether its in the form of deathcore or bands like Bullet for My Valentine. Needless to say when I first heard these guys I was ecstatic. I'm not saying this is some revolution for metal or strikingly original, it was just very refreshing. This band brings a whole lot to the table, beautiful melodies, crushing break downs, mind bending time signatures, the lot. If you're in to metal theres no reason you shouldn't love this, if you're not theres no reason you shouldn't love this. Perhaps you're of the impression that metal music doesn't generally have a lot of substance in which case I present to you this.





myspace
last.fm

No comments:

Post a Comment