Friday, November 5, 2010

Adam Haworth Stephens - We Live On Cliffs

This particular album is one I'm pretty excited to be writing about. Adam Stephens is an artist I hold in extremely high regards. Everything he's ever dipped his hands in is to my ears quite brilliant. From 2gs to this his solo project. For those of you familiar with everything he's done its for the most part quite melancholy this however is in a bit different direction. He's just one of those artists who is very obviously genuine in all that he does. The lyrics and sound are something reminiscent of the old west and are clearly influenced by country music not Garth Brooks, Toby Keith, or any of that horse shit but real country. I'll be honest at first I was not very receptive to this, I expected yet another album that would nearly drive me to tears but once I opened up to it a little I realized the error of my ways. This is a truly great album with a very refreshing sound it seems more and more as time progresses that unique is being driven out of the music industry but I think this and all of this mans work are very deserving of such a title.

On a little side note he is in fact playing a show near me which I will be attending. Hopefully I can come back with some photos or video.



mediafire

myspace
last.fm

1 comment: